Full-stack Developer (prefer Rails & Vue.js then React).
- Started as a freelance web designer (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS) at age 14 (2000)
- Worked in a top 10 UK digital agency at age 16
- Started my own digital agency at age 24 (2010)
- Learnt Ruby because of Rails 3.1 release in 2012
- Learnt Vue.js at 0.8 release in 2014 (early!)
- Sold my agency in 2016 (grew to a humble but killer team of 8)
- Failed my first startup attempt after we raised £500k (depressed in 2018)
- Learnt React at 16.3 release in 2018 (late! and I prefer Vue.js)
- Head of Product and Frontend development at 2nd startup - successfully acquired (2020)
- Took some time off to contribute to Opensource (Vue.js and Bootstrap)
- Started working on my 3rd startup in June 2021 (funded in Oct 2021)
- More @ LinkedIn
- Wanted to be a DJ, my first freelance gig was supposed to buy me some technics
- Married with 2 children (I delivered 2nd child in our front room!)
- I've worked remotely for over a decade (since my agency days)
- Motorycle license (unfortunate lack of motorcycle right now)
- I'm a domain name addict.
- I'm converting a minibus to a camper van (it's taken me nearly 3 years so far)
- Spendful - a personal finance tracker, built in 2 weeks, grew to 15k users, sold within 6 months.
- Workroll - freelance leads, built in a weekend, grew to £6.5k MRR, sold within 6 months.
- Published a book "Advanced Freelancing" helping freelancers turn into agencies.